has an high quality and so it is used particularly raw or warm on bread
slices, on vegetables, on fish, on meat and soups.
It may raise the tastes of delicate plates and sweet sauces.
TAGLIATELLE AL PICCOLO "PESTO" (4 People)
Crystalised tomato: 4 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, granulated sugar,
salt and pepper; Piccolo pesto: 150 gms mild basil, 1 peeled garlic
clove, 40 gms shelled and peeled almonds, 40 gms pine-seeds, 100 gms
extra virgin olive oil "Ziraiolo®", 240 gms sepia
tagliatelle, 40 gms extra virgin olive oil "Ziraiolo®",
the flesh from 4 crayfish claws, ½ glass white wine, salt an
1) The day before, prepare the crystalised tomato; have the tomatoes,
remove the seeds, salt and sugar the insides slightly, leave to stand
for 15 mins.
2) Turn the tomatoes upside-down, turn again and put in the warming
oven at 40° C. for 6 hours.
immediately before using, cut away the skin an chop the pulp.
3) Strip the basil and wash the leaves, dry and pound in a mortar with
the garlic clove, (discarding its centre) and the almonds then the pine-nuts,
and lastly add the oil.
4) Cook the black tagliatelle in abundant salty water till "al
dente" (hard to the bite), in the meantime extract the crayfish
flesh from the claws and cut into small pieces.
5) Heat up the oil in a frying pan and when hot fry the crayfish slightly,
cover with the white wine and let it evaporate slightly, add the crystalised
tomato and season.
6) Drain the tagliatelle; transfer to the frying pan and toss for a
serve on individual plates and garnish with a few spoons of pesto.
DELLA SALUTE (4 People)
4 slices avocado and 4 slices papaia ½ cm thick, 16 melon balls,
2 finely sliced radishes, 12 segments pink grapefruit, 12 segments white
grapefruit, 4 chicory leaves, 4 wild endive leaves (prickly lettuce),
extra virgin olive oil "Ziraiolo®",
1 boiled carrot, 1 boiled courgette, 4 pre-shelled steamed shrimps,
6 pre-shelled steamed prawns, 4 steamed sole fillets, 2 spoons baby
squid, 4 spoons balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
1) Divide the ingredients equally on 4 plates: a centre circle with
the papaya and avocado, garnish with the endive, red chicory a few thin
radish slices, courgette and carrot cubes.
2) Aarrange the melon balls in a triangle on each plate.
3) Cut the grapefruit segments in half and arrange alternately.
4) Fill the empty spaces with the scampi, sole, shrimps and baby squid.
5) Put the balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a blender and amalgamate
well. Place the sauce in the fridge.
6) Once well chilled, use to garnish lightly. Serve.
FILLETS WITH SAVOY CABBAGE AND IRANIAN CAVIAR SAUCE (4 People)
500 gms fresh sturgeon fillets, 500 gms finely chopped savoy cabbage,
8 potatoes, 2 spoons extra virgin olive oil "Ziraiolo®",
2 dls white sauce, 50 gms Iranian caviar, 150 gms butter, 100 gms flour,
salt, pepper, chives, chervil leaves.
1) Put the unskinned potatoes in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil
and cook for 15 mins. Peel immediately and keep hot.
2) Put the oil and knob of butter in a frying pan and when hot, season
the sturgeon fillets on both sides, dust in the flour and brown on the
pan for 1 min. on each side.
3) Wrap the pieces of fish in tin-foil, leave to stand for 10 mins.
4) Brown the cabbage in some butter for 5 mins. Season.
5) Meanwhile, whip the butter into the white-wine sauce and at the last
minute add the caviar; remove from heat before boiling point.
6) Brown the potatoes slightly in a little oil and butter.
7) Put the sauce on the side of each plate, add the cabbage and sturgeon,
arrange the sautéed potatoes. Garnish with the chives and chervil
(:ROAST SLICE OF BREAD)
Take a slice of home-made bread, roast it on a slow fire, rub a garlic
clove on it hot. Then put some salt, pepper and a lot of extra virgin
olive oil "Ziraiolo®", which penetrates inside the
soft part of the bread. The "Bruschetta" can be seasoned with
little pieces of tomato, that can be directly rubbed on the bread slice,
(:SEASONING OF OIL, SALT AND PEPPER)
This is a very simple seasoning, but an extraordinary appetizing one,
which contains first of all extra virgin olive oil "Ziraiolo®",
with salt and pepper, in which we dip raw vegetables, like radish, fennel
and various roots.
AND OIL SPAGHETTI
Take 400 gr of Spaghetti, 100 gr of extra virgin olive oil "Ziraiolo®",
a little of parsley, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper. The olive oil
is the main ingredient and must be absolutely unalduterated and abundant.
Add also a piece of chili. Put the spaghetti inside the boiling water
with salt, let them cooked, but not very much, and then strain them
off (the water), maintaining a little of their cooking water.
The two garlic cloves must be pressed and put inside a small frying-pan,
together with abundant "Extravergine" olive oil; then let
the garlic become brown. Now, add a little of chopped parsley and season
the spaghetti. Mix everything very well e serve hot.